Imagine your future with us.
Whether from our Quebec City office, with its breathtaking view of the St. Lawrence River and the Château Frontenac, our Magog office, located in the heart of downtown, on the shores of Lake Memphremagog, or our Montreal office, in the vibrant Shop Angus district. Concept Naval (CN) is the firm where you want to develop your full potential and work on stimulating projects!
In 2021, CN joined forces with Côté Jean et Associés. The association of the two (2) engineering firms now makes it possible to offer a turnkey service to meet the new needs of the marine industry, and to carry out complex projects involving the design, construction, modification or repair of various types of ships and other floating structures. Are you looking for your next professional challenge that will allow you to put your electrical engineering experience to good use, while getting the chance to work on major naval projects? We’ve got just the role for you.
You’ll use your technical knowledge and analytical skills to design, develop, implement and document electrical systems and solutions on a wide range of marine projects, on both ships and port facilities. You will gather and analyze information to produce engineering drawings, recommendations and instructions for project stakeholders. You will ensure that the design process continually improves to meet the needs of stakeholders upstream and downstream of all project deliverables.
Your contribution to the team will be to…
- Provide electrical engineering and design expertise by preparing design files (power and distribution plans, single-line diagrams, specifications, etc.) and calculations (load analysis, etc.) to ensure that design criteria are met, as well as the various regulations in force;
- Interact with stakeholders to determine project scope, requirements, deliverables, budget and schedules.
- Conduct site inspections and correspond with production workers to clarify design details and receive feedback for possible improvements;
- Participate in the preparation of calls for tender, ensuring that the most appropriate strategies are put in place;
- Maintain a constant technological watch (battery technology, propulsion systems, etc.) to keep abreast of best practices in the maritime field;
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other engineers and designers on the team;
- Represent CN to the industry to promote the company’s participation in the electrification of the marine sector, and continue to do so.
We are looking for a colleague who is…
- Able to think outside the box and come up with innovative ideas;
- Structured, methodical, autonomous and rigorous in their work;
- Able to skillfully manage priorities and meet defined deadlines;
- Able to adapt to change in an environment where agility is paramount.
To thrive in AND ENJOY this challenge, you will need to…
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering;
- Over 5 years’ experience in electrical design;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ);
- Experience in electrification (Asset);
- Maritime experience (Asset);
- Proficiency in drawing, modeling and simulation software;
- Ability to express yourself fluently, both orally and in writing, in French and English.
Being part of our team means…
- Working in a new dynamic and collaborative environment starting in January 2023;
- Having a flexible schedule and a hybrid work arrangement (37.5h/week);
- Being located in Quebec City, Magog and Montreal according to your needs;
- Benefiting from a group insurance plan and an RRSP with employer contribution; and
- Enjoying team activities.
To apply for this position, you can contact…
Audrey Letendre, CHRP
Director of Human Resources
Join our team!
"*" indicates required fields